In my book, Labor Day weekend is a weekend to celebrate and spend time with family and loved ones. In college it was a day to play and party. No matter how you spend this weekend this Skinny Roasted Red Pepper and Black Bean Dip should be part of it.
This Dip is quick and easy to make in a blender and then baked in the oven. It's ready in less than 30 minutes with hardly a mess made in the kitchen. Plus,the whole family or crowd will enjoy it.
Make this deliciousness even healthier by using veggies instead of chips to dip, or have chips and vegetables as options. Everyone likes options, and I love them both.
Skinny Roasted Red Pepper and Black Bean Dip
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 cups
8 oz cottage cheese (half of a pint)
1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
6 oz roasted red peppers (half of 12oz jar)
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 tsp lime juice
1 c. cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the top five ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the dip in an oven safe container, and top the dip with cheese.
- Bake the dip at 350 for 20 minutes. Then remove the dip from the oven and stir the cheese into the dip.
- Place the dip into the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven, and enjoy it hot or warm with tortilla chips, in tortillas, or with vegetables like snap peas, carrots, celery, etc.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or microwave.
Happy Diet Friendly Skinny Roasted Red Pepper and Black Bean Dip eating!
If you are looking for more delicious dips giving these a go too! All of these are easy to make and gluten free. Win!
- Pizza Dip
- Skinny Bean Dip
- Quick and Healthy Spinach Bean Dip
- Gma's Fruit Dip
- Restaurant Style White Queso Dip
- Healthy Vegetarian Fajita Dip
- Buttermilk Parmesan Basil Veggie Dip
- Colorado Caviar aka Bean Dip
What are you eating, making, and doing this weekend?