Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Buttermilk Parmesan Basil Salad Dressing or Dip

Fast and easy homemade Buttermilk Parmesan Basil Salad Dressing or Vegetable Dip.  Gluten Free Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Yesterday, I shared with you this awesomely easy and delicious Crock-Pot Barbecue Chicken.  If you haven't made it, you really should.  

I've previously told you I have portion control issues.  I always, absolutely ALWAYS, make far too much food.  Since I always make way too much food and we had friends over when we made the barbecue chicken I of course made double the amount that I needed to.  Actually, my husband, helped me make less than I initially planned, but I still made way too much.  We're going to be eating this leftover barbecue chicken for days.  

Therefore, with the amount of leftovers we have we were needing to get creative.  We used the chicken in this awesome salad that just speaks summer.  Check back tomorrow b/c it's awesome.  Pineapple, grilled corn, black beans, and more that is all around yummy!  You will love it.  

I topped the salads with this absolutely amazing homemade Buttermilk Parmesan Basil Dressing.  This dressing has such great flavor, takes minutes to make, and it's even delicious as a veggie dip.  

Seriously, give this dressing a go.  You will become big fans. 

Buttermilk Parmesan Basil Dressing
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Taste of Home
Active Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour
Servings: 1 cup of dressing, about 8

Ingredients: 
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. sour cream
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
3 fresh basil leafs
1/2 tsp onion salt
2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions: 
  1. In a blender or a small bowl with your immersion blender blend all of the above ingredients for a few minutes.  You can use greek yogurt, but it does change the flavors slightly.
  2. Pour your prepared dressing in a small jar, cover, and refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors seep in.  The dressing will taste even better the next day. 
  3. Enjoy on your next salad, as a dip for vegetables, or anything else you use dressings for aka dipping french fries, chicken nuggets, etc.
  4. Store leftovers in a small car or tupperware covered in the fridge. 

Happy tasty Buttermilk Parmesan Basil Dressing eating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment