I played a lot of sports growing up. In high school I played club soccer for a team that was an hour away. Three to four times a week I'd travel the hour to Denver and back home again with 4 other teammates. We had a lot of fun and bonded on those drives.
One time after practice we had to stop at a gas station, and my friend introduced me to Soft Batch Cookie. Oh my goodness, I think it was love at first soft cookie bite.
From that moment on I have always loved soft cookies; hard cookies (except Oreos) seem like a waste of calories that I usually turn away. Are you a soft or crunchy cookie fan?
I have a few chocolate chip cookies recipes already on the blog, and they are all amazing in different ways. I love my Rich Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies, and these Soft for Days Chocolate Chip Cookies are oh so delicious. Both cookies get high reviews from the hundreds of people who have tasted them.
However, this recipe is my current favorite. I adore how soft they are; these cookies truly are my love at first bite Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You definitely need this recipe. Yummy!
These classic cookies are bound to get you a few more goodies from Santa. ;)
Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from a friend.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen medium scoop or 2 dozen large scoop
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 box (3.5 oz) vanilla pudding, dry
2 eggs, large
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 (11 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
2 king size or 1 XL milk Hershey bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat. The parchment paper/baking mat are not necessary but they help with the cooking texture.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the pudding mix and mix until just combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla one at a time and mix until just combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda in the order listed and mix until just combined.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and the chopped up chocolate bar. Trust me, you need both. The flavor and the texture of the two are a perfect addition.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or a spoon to get approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough and place the balls on your prepared pans.
- Bake the cookies at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes for either the medium or the large cookies until they are a light golden color. Medium cookies are closer to 8 minutes, and the large cookies are closer to 10 minutes in my oven.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter.
Happy Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie eating!
My kiddos are so helpful when taking pictures. ;) Who wouldn't want a stuffed animal joining the picture fun. Tho, to be honest I'm just glad they want to be involved with what I am doing, and I'm glad they want to spend time with me. I'm sure that won't last, so I will enjoy it while I can. I love these cute kiddos of mine.