I seem to be reminiscing with old college recipes as of late. Today is a another college classic recipe, but I've skinnied it up and made it healthier with an easy healthy substitution.
My roommate had this amazing Bean Dip recipe. When speaking of this bean dip she often included several adjectives such as "stupendous, scrumptious, amazing" to describe is deliciousness.
It really is a tasty bean dip, and we probably enjoyed this dip far more than we should've. I don't regret eating the dip b/c it was delicious, but I do wish I had made a Skinny version of the dip when I was in college.
This Skinny Bean Dip is perfect for a college party, a Superbowl party, or any game night gathering/get together. However, it is also delicious as the bean filling for quick and easy dinner of bean burritos or tacos.
Basically, you can enjoy the convenience, simplicity, and the skinny version of this amazing, stupendous, scrumptious bean dip, and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Skinny Bean Dip or Burritos
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Tenay
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 20 minutes
1 c. cottage cheese, pureed
1 can (16oz) refried beans
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
10 drops hot sauce (less or more depending on preferred spiciness)
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree a cup of cottage cheese using an immersion blender or blender until it is smooth and no longer resembles cottage cheese chunks/curds.
- In a medium oven safe dish stir to combine the refried beans, pureed cottage cheese, taco seasoning, and hot sauce.
- Top the bean mixture with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the dip at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take the dip from the oven and using a large spoon stir the melted cheese into the bean mixture.
- Return the dish back to the oven to cook at 350 degrees for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy hot with tortilla chips, or use flour or corn tortillas to make bean burritos or tacos.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave or oven.
Happy Skinny Bean Dip/Burritos eating!