Yesterday was crazy. My almost two year old son decided it would be fun to jump out of the shopping cart in the parking lot, aka on hard asphalt, and land on his head and back. I felt horrible.
My son was screaming a lot, which is totally an understatement. A doctors appointment occurred and we had to wake him a few times last night to make sure all was still good. There were also no naps yesterday for either 1 1/2 year old or 2 1/2 year old. It was a crazy and exhausting day, and a day which I hope not to repeat.
I tell you all of that to say, I'm tired and I just giving you this awesome Fajita Dip recipe. I created it a few weeks ago. Tested it several times. Devoured it every time, and absolutely loved it every time. I also didn't feel bad about devouring it for dinner and lunch over and over again b/c it is healthy and filling, and I'm getting some veggies in there.
I'm hooking y'all up with this Fajita Dip recipe today b/c I love college basketball and this Thursday and Friday there will be a lot of college basketball on TV. Plus, in a couple of weeks there will be a championship game. This Fajita Dip is perfect for games on TV, game night with friends, or just a quick dinner with your family.
This dip is delicious. You should make it pronto.
Vegetarian Fajita Dip
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-6 dinner servings, more if serving it as an appetizer
2 bell peppers diced
3 green onions diced
1 (10 oz) Rotel can drained or 1 medium tomato diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 can refried beans (vegetarian if you are strict)
1/2 c. cheese (cheddar or flavor of choice)
- In a medium bowl stir the vegetables and spices together.
- In a large pan over medium heat saute the contents of the bowl until the vegetables are soft and the liquid is mostly gone.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the refried beans. Stir the beans in with the vegetables until the beans are soft and mixed in completely.
- Add the cheese, if you really like cheese and want it to be a little less healthy you can add more, and stir it into the beans mixture until it is melted and completely integrated.
- Serve your dip with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- Store extra dip in the fridge and reheat in the microwave. Easy peasy!