I'm all about comfort foods with a twist this week. Yesterday, I gave you a delicious Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese, and today you are getting Pizza Dip. We all love a good pizza, especially at a party or gathering with friends.
This delicious Pizza Dip is gluten free, and the perfect food for a big game, party, pot luck, or just a fun weekend dinner with the family. My kids actually cheered aloud when they found out we were having Pizza Dip for dinner.
Yes, I am totally a person that feels dips can work as dinner; we do it often enough. I can't be the only one to think this way.
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1- 9 inch pie pan for 6-12
1-1 1/2 c. cottage cheese
3/4 c plain Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 can (14-15oz) Italian Stewed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp olive oil
4 leaves fresh basil
dash of salt and pepper
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Pepperoni, chopped or whole
Toppings: Parmesan, Dried Basil, Dried Oregano
Dip with chips, tortilla chips, crostini/baguette, pita wedges, or even veggies like celery or carrots.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and pull out a 9 inch pie pan, or an oven proof dish comparable in size.
- In a small bowl with an immersion blender, blender, or food processor puree the cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and garlic powder together until smooth.
- Evenly spread out the cottage cheese mixture onto the bottom of the pie pan or dish.
- Using a blender or immersion blender blend the tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, and salt and pepper until smooth. This is your easy homemade pizza sauce.
- Evenly spread out the pizza sauce on top of the cottage cheese mixture in the pie pan.
- Top the pizza sauce with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Top the cheese with pepperoni. I prefer turkey pepperoni, but any pepperoni oo even Canadian bacon and pineapple, or sausage will work. Whatever pizza toppings you enjoy you can put here. With young kids chopping your pepperoni is easiest, but I like the look of the full size pepperoni.
- Top the pepperoni with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, dried basil, and dried oregano.
Bake the dip at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes until it is bubbly and hot throughout.
- Serve the dip hot with your favorite chips, crackers, sliced baguette, pita wedges, or raw veggies. I like crispier dipping materials (chips, crostini, or veggies) to easily dig down to the bottom of the dip and taste all of the flavors together.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator. Warm leftovers in the oven or microwave.
Happy Pizza Dip eating!