Monday, July 31, 2017

Instant Pot Fudge Cake {dessert, lite, pressure cooker, gluten free}

Fudge Cake- individual servings easily and quickly done in the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker.  This dessert is lite and healthier and an easy gluten free option.  Two of these in the picture are gluten free. Delicious. Dessert. Treat. Yummy. Healthier. Chocolate Decadence Fudge Cake. Recipe. Alohamora Open a Book alohamoraopenabook www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com
Happy Birthday Harry Potter!  Every year I celebrate HP's birthday.  I know I am a nerd, but let's be honest, were any of you doubting my nerdiness?! 

I personally like to celebrate my birthday for longer than 24 hours.  So, I obviously must celebrate HP's birthday with you longer as well.   To celebrate his birthday I always make a cake.  To check out my HP cake baking helpers and the cake we made, head to my Instagram account

I have been celebrating Harry Potter's Birthday for a few years now, and I've made a few recipes.  ;)

This year I've decided to make some magical recipes for you.  We'll, they are magical for a muggle.  All week, I'll be sharing Instant Pot recipes b/c Instant Pots or other pressure cookers work some serious magic.  Instant Pot's get meals on the table almost as quickly as the Hogwart elves. 

I've had my Instant Pot for about a year.  I am loving it, and my family does too.  The instant pot has made busy evenings (whether I'm working or kids have activities) a lot easier.  If you've been on the fence for an IP, give it a try. 

Todays, Fudge Cake made in the Instant Pot is exactly what the name says, it is a perfect balance of fudge and cake. It's delicious! My husband is not a chocolate fan, but he had to taste the regular flour cakes for me while I enjoyed the gluten free ones.  It is easy and simple, and oh so yummy!

My husband, who doesn't love chocolate, responded that this chocolate cake was so good he wanted to eat the entire serving rather than tasting it out of obligation (b/c I can't eat gluten) for me.  That is a definite compliment to the greatness of this simple, easy, and lite recipe. 

Instant Pot Fudge Cake
Recipe: Alohamora inspired by this recipe
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 9 minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients: 
1/2 c. and 2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 c. milk
2 Tbsp and 2 tsp cocoa
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4 c. flour (gluten free or all purpose)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg white
Toppings: chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, caramel nibs, mint chips, etc.
1 c. water

Directions: 
  1. Grease, butter, or spray with a baking spray four 4 oz ramekins.  I actually used a coconut oil spray to grease the gluten free cakes. 
  2. In a small pot/saucepan over medium heat combine the sugar, milk, and cocoa with a whisk or fork, and bring the pan to a boil. Constantly stirring the mixture cook it for 30 seconds or until the sugar dissolves. 
  3. Turn off the heat to the stove and add the butter and chocolate to the pan.  Constantly stir the mixture until both the butter and chocolate melt.  Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool for a couple minutes while you get everything else ready.
  4. Add the flour and salt to the mixture and stir it with a whisk or fork until it is combined. 
  5. Add the vanilla and egg white to the mixture and combine it with a fork or a whisk.
  6. Divide the batter evenly between the 4 prepared ramekins. 
  7. Top the batter with chocolate chips, caramel nibs, or whatever chips you prefer.  I like to do a straight up milk chocolate chip addition as well as caramel nibs with course sea salt.  
  8. Add the cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot and place the trivet that came with the pressure cooker in the bottom.  
  9. Place the ramekins in the Instant Pot, sealed the lid, and cook the cakes on Manual for 9 minutes with a quick release.  
  10. When the cakes are done remove them from the Instant Pot and let them cool for 5-10 minutes. 
  11. Invert the cakes on a dessert plate, or you can eat straight out of the ramekins.  
  12. Top the cakes with ice cream, powder sugar, whipping cream, or more. 
  13. Enjoy! 
  14. Store leftovers, if there are any, covered in the fridge.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment