Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Honeyduke's Good vs. Evil Cookies 'n Cream Fudge

Honeydukes Cookies and Cream Fudge aka Good vs. Evil, Harry Potter vs. Voldemort, Fudge.  No bake, easy to make, no sweetened condensed milk, and easily gluten free. Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Day two of our Harry Potter week, and today it is all about the classic white vs. black, good vs. evil, Harry vs. Voldemort battle.

In the HP books there is reference to fudge at Honeydukes, a sweet shop in Hosgmeade, 

Since, the battle of good vs. evil, Harry vs. Voldemort, went on for so so long I like to think that Honeydukes had some fun with it and created a treat to go along.

I'm pretty sure Honeydukes would have made this Cookies and Cream Fudge, but they would have called it Good vs. Evil Fudge, or Harry vs. The One Who Shall Not Be Named Fudge

I'm sure the reason we never heard about such fudge goodness in the book is b/c J.K. Rowling just never got around to mentioning it.  

However, you can make this delicious Cookies 'n Cream Fudge in 20 minutes and enjoy a little Honeydukes deliciousness yourself.

Though, I will warn you that this fudge is pretty darn addicting.  I was going to have just one and I am pretty sure I lost count of how many fudge squares I "sampled."  

Oh, and just to be clear.  I know almost every fudge recipe uses sweetened condensed milk, but I am not a fan of such sweet canned milk.  Honestly, anything I've ever had with the stuff in it just makes me sick.  Therefore, I avoid it.  

I like knowing that this fudge has just 5 ingredients and none of them come from a can.

I even substituted Trader Joe's Gluten Free Joe Joes for the  Oreo cookies so this fudge could be gluten free for a friend.  No matter the cookie you use, this fudge is delicious!

Honeydukes Cookies and Cream Fudge aka Good vs. Evil, Harry Potter vs. Voldemort, Fudge.  No bake, easy to make, no sweetened condensed milk, and easily gluten free. Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Cookies and Cream Fudge
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Buns In My Oven
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 4 hours
Servings: 64 1-inch squares

Ingredients: 
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
4 c. powder sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla 
16 oz white chocolate 
18 Oreo cookies

Directions: 
  1. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper/wax paper with extra hanging over the edge.  You can also use this awesome baking mat that I think is oh so easy and handy.  Plus the gridlines make cutting the fudge squares easy peasy. 
  2. In a stand mixer, or large bowl and mixer, beat your cream cheese for 1-2 minutes to make it smooth.
  3. Add the powder sugar and vanilla, and mix it into the cream cheese until it is just combined. 
  4. In a double boiler, or in the microwave, melt your white chocolate.  I've used chips as well as baking squares.  
  5. Add the melted white chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat to just combine everything.  
  6. In a gallon size Ziploc bag, or your food processor, crush (large chunks is fine) 15 chocolate sandwich cookies.  I've used Oreo as well as Gluten Free Joe Joes. 
  7. Pour the crushed cookies into your large bowl and mix it until it is just combined with the fudge.  
  8. Evenly spread the fudge mixture into your prepared pan. Use your hand to break the last 3 cookies (eat the remaining cookies in the bag if you'd like) and press them into the top of the fudge. 
  9. Cover your fudge and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours, or overnight. 
  10. Cut the fudge into 1-inch squares. 
  11. Enjoy! 
  12. Store leftover fudge in the fridge. 

Happy Honeyduke's Good vs. Evil, Harry vs. Voldemort, Cookies and Cream Fudge eating!  



No comments:

Post a Comment