Tomorrow is the last day of the Harry Potter Pop Funko Giveaway here on my blog, Instagram, and Facebook. Have you entered yet? Click here to enter and for more awesomely easy details.
Today, you get another recipe from Harry's 3rd year at school, Prisoner of Azkaban. That year Harry encountered quite a few Dementors, and after one occassion enjoyed some fried tomatoes with sausage.
I personally felt fried tomatoes on a BLT sounded amazing, and after enjoying this rich and flavorful B.L.A.FT- Bacon Lettuce Avocado Fried Tomatoes I was right. This sandwich is amazing; even my husband said it was the best BLT he's ever had.
Fried Tomatoes really aren't all that hard to make, and they really do add the richest flavor this classic sandwich.
Give them a go. You won't be disappointed with this quick and easy weeknight meal.
B.L.A.FT aka Bacon Lettuce Avocado Fried Tomatoes Sandwich
Active Time: 15-20 minutes
Inactive Time: 15-20 minutes
Servings: 3-4 sandwiches (easily double for more)
4 Tbsp oil
2 tomatoes, medium sized
1/3 c. flour
1/4 tsp basil, dried
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay the bacon down.
- Lay the bacon on the prepared pan. I actually used turkey bacon and it tasted great as well as being a little bit healthier.
- Cook your bacon at 400 degrees in the oven for 12-20 minutes or until desired done-ness. I'm a crispy bacon fan so I cooked it longer than 15 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking slice and begin to fry the tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes into medium sized slices. .
- Pour the oil into the a medium to large skillet and turn the stove up to medium to high heat so the oil can heat.
- In a small and shallow boil mix the flour, salt, pepper, and dried basil together. You can add more basil if you are a lover of it.
- While the oil is heating up dunk the tomato slices into the flour coating mixture. Be sure to flip the tomato slice over.
- Place fried tomatoes in the heated oil, and flip them over to cook both sides. Most people like to flip their tomatoes when the sides are a golden color; I like mine a little extra fried.
- Place fried tomatoes on a plate lined with a paper towel. This will help soak up the extra oil.
- Toast your bread, slice your avocado, and assemble your Bacon Lettuce Avocado Fried Tomatoes sandwiches.
- The sandwich is absolutely amazing if you can get the bread, bacon, and tomatoes served when hot.
- Enjoy your BLAFT! Store leftovers in the refrigerator, but serve them in different pieces and assemble the sandwich at times of serving.
Happy B.L.A.FT eating, and Happy Harry Potter Week!
This is the last recipe I'm sharing with y'all this Harry Potter Week, but check back for more book reviews, recipes, and even a giveaway.