Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Trouble Makes a Comeback gets 4.5 Stars {ya lit, contemporary fiction}

Trouble Makes a Comeback by Stephanie Tromly is the 2nd book in the Trouble series. Fun series, fast read, a touch of mystery and romance and a lot of unrealistic but fun action in this 4.5 out of 5 star rating book review. YA lit, high school, teen reads. Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

I read Trouble is a Friend of Mine, the first book in this Trouble series a year ago.  I enjoyed the contemporary fiction/realistic fiction book with a touch of mystery, romance, and some action.  All in all, it earned 5 stars b/c I thought it was an all around creative and fun read.  

I just finished listening to (love Audiobooks for my commute, computer work at work, or even housework during nap time), Trouble Makes a Comeback by Stephanie Tromly and I have to say I found it fun, crazy, and a bit unrealistic at times (but that makes it fun).  It's a fun fast read with a touch of romance and mystery.  Some say it has a Breakfast Club or Veronica Mars feeling, but since I never really watched those movies/shows (I know, shame on me) I couldn't give feedback.  However, I will say this fun fast mystery like book reminds me of Meg Cabot's Size 12 is Not Fat or Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl Series

I give Trouble Makes a Comeback 4.5 out of 5 stars for my book review.  I thought it kept to the same crazy unrealistic story line of Digby and Zoe, and I loved that it was such a fast read/listen to.  I really liked that even though it had been a year since I read the first book I didn't feel lost during the beginning.  There seemed to be enough references to the first book to jog my memory, but it still didn't repeat too much of the first storyline.  Well done sequel!  Overall, I felt it was a good second book in the series and give accolades to Tromly for a job well done.  

The only reason the book didn't score with the perfect 5 star rating like the last one is b/c I didn't think the story line was as tight as the first book.  The high school drama seemed accurate, but the mystery part of the story didn't quite seem solid enough to make it even somewhat believable.  

All in all, I will definitely want to read the next in the series, but I won't go out to buy the book series for my personal collection.  However, public and high school, middle school even b/c it is a clean read, libraries should definitely have it in their collections.  It's a solid read, and perfect for fans of Ally Carter or Meg Cabot.  

Amazon has the following book description to give you a better idea of the story line. 

"Now that the infuriating and irresistible Philip Digby has left town for a lead on his sister who disappeared years ago, Zoe Webster is looking forward to a quiet spring semester. She's dating a cute quarterback, hanging out with new friends, and enjoying being "a normal." Which is of course when Digby comes back. He needs Zoe's help, and not just to find his sister.

Zoe can either choose to stay on her current path toward popularity, perfect SAT scores, and Princeton, or she can take a major detour with Digby, and maybe find out what that kiss he stole from her really meant. Digby and his over-the-top schemes always lead somewhere unexpected and Zoe's beginning to learn she might just like jumping into the unknown. When it comes to Digby, for Zoe at least, the choice might already be made."



Do you have a favorite contemporary fiction author? Meg Cabot and Sarah Dessen are definitely near the top for me. 

Happy Fun Crazy YA Literature Reading with a Touch of Romance and Mystery! 
Win! 


No comments:

Post a Comment