Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Love Meg Cabot!


I have loved many of Meg Cabot's books. She writes the realistic genre fiction for girls so well; I am a sucker for realistic fiction, therefore I love most of her books. I remember reading American Girl in one night because it was such a fun/cute read. I picked up one of her books that we just got in the library and was excited to give it a read during the Holiday break. Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot did not disappoint me. However, it was a bit different from her normal realistic fiction genre. This book is one of the Heather Well Mystery series; I honestly had no idea, until this book, that Cabot even wrote mystery stories. Only if a mystery is really well written do I enjoy it. I think the combination of Cabot's writing style, and the storyline created a book I thoroughly enjoyed reading from cover to cover. It kept me guessing and changing my hypothesis of who the murderer was until the end.

The story is about a girl, Heather Wells, who has had several rough patches in her life. She used to be a pop singer, used to be being the key there. She now works in a dorm in NYC and solves the murders that keep happening along the way. Heather is such a likable character, that readers can relate truly get sucked into the book. All in all, Size 12 is Not Fat will make laugh, cause you to be in pain for the characters, and will be an enjoyable read throughout the entire book. I haven't read any other Heather Well Mystery books, but I believe I will be picking one up. Let me know what you think Cabot's attempt into the Mystery genre.

2 comments:

  1. I actually loved the Heather Wells mysteries.... read them all... while drinking some Diet Coke! It was fab!! Love reading! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all three. I wouldn't mind if they put out another.

    ReplyDelete