I've really been trying really hard to eat healthier, but I can't get past that dang sweet craving. The sugar is just too dang powerful.
The good news this warm Homemade Applesauce that takes 5 minutes to cook is the best thing you'll ever eat, there's no added sugar but it is oh so sweet, and it is healthy.
This applesauce recipe makes tired and exhausted mom's swoon and children shout for glee. Add the fact that you make it in your Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker so it's ridiculously easy to make and it's a win win of a recipe.
Pressure Cooker Applesauce
Active Time: 10 minutes including peeling time
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
8-12 apples depending on size
1/4 c. water
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8-1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Peel and core your apples. I personally love this tool, but if you want to go old school that is fine as well. As far as what kind of apples to use you can use any type you'd like. I like to do a combination of a couple different types. I did a combination of Braeburn and Pink Ladies and it was amazing.
- As soon as you peel and core the apple throw it in the pressure cooker. You can do as many apples as will reach the Max Line in your pressure cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, seal your pressure cooker, and cook it at Manual setting for 5 minutes. When time is complete do a natural release, aka don't force the steam out, for 10-25 minutes then quick release the remaining steam.
- When you've natural released it for 10-25 minutes (the timer on front is an easy way to see how long it's been natural releasing) do a quick release.
- Then open up your pressure cooker and blend the cooked apples with an immersion blender (or put them in your blender) until the applesauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Enjoy your healthy treat warm or cold. It's amazing either way.
- Store your applesauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Happy Healthy Sweet Applesauce eating!