Happy Martin Luther King Day! Hope you are enjoying your day, and if you're lucky enough spending it with people you love.
Since most people are trying to eat healthy, I figured this simple and fast Sauteed Spinach w/ Bacon and Garlic is the perfect vegetable side dish to share with you today.
With my work having a "Melt Away" contest, aka lose body fat competition, I need to start eating a lot more spinach and a few less cookies. However, sometimes I buy more spinach than I can eat (Costco has the best price on Spinach). If you have some spinach that is less than ideal for salads or green smoothies you should sautee your spinach. No need letting a delicious superfood go to waste.
Quick and Easy Sauteed Spinach with Bacon and Garlic
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 c. spinach
1/4 c. bacon bits (optional)
salt and pepper
- In a large pan or skillet over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and bacon bits and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and toss it/stir it all together.
- Serve hot.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator, but sauteed spinach is best the day of.
Happy Healthy, Quick and Easy Sauteed Spinach eating!