I'm all about nuts for a healthy fats and protein filled snack or treat, but, but a sweet and spicy chocolate nuts that are easy to make in 30 minutes are pretty much the best.
Plus, I just came across this article with talking about a TON of health benefits for including cinnamon in your diet. I thought this article was thorough and comprehensive; I was also fascinated as I read how cinnamon can help acne, promote weight loss, lower cholesterol, and so much more. To be honest, after reading article I've been using cinnamon with honey to boost my immune system, and trying to include cinnamon in my diet daily. Cinnamon seems to be quite the super-spice.
Now, to have a bit more cinnamon in your life, and enjoy them in a healthy way give these Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Nuts aka Mexican Chocolate Pecans a go. They are oh so delicious and oh so easy to make.
Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Nuts
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 25 minutes
4 c. pecans
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 c. maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. silicone baking mat, or aluminum foil.
- Put your pecans in a medium to large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining ingredients together, and pour them over the pecans.
- Stir everything together and pour it all onto the prepared pan.
- Bake your nuts at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes stirring them every 5 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Happy Sweet and Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Pecans eating! Watch out, they are addictingly good!