Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Simple, Healthy, and Easy to Make Cinco de Mayo

Menu of a healthy, simple, and easy to make Cinco de Mayo meal.  These 9 recipes are quick to make on the stove, or you can throw them into the crock-pot/slow cooker quickly.  Soups, appetizers, tacos, enchiladas, casseroles, and dessert.  Many gluten free, egg free, nut free, and even dairy free meals. Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Today I wanted to give you something delicious you could make for your Cinco de Mayo fun.  I honestly couldn't decide which recipe to give you so I decided to give you my favorite recipes that fit this fun holiday. 

All of these recipes are Simple and Easy to Make, Healthy, and Quick to Put Together.  Many recipes are gluten free, easy to make in the crock-pot, vegetarian, and more. 

I gave you an appetizer, soup, casseroles, easy tacos, and even the most popular dessert at my husband's work.  These recipes are some of my favorites!



Cinco de Mayo Dinner Menu

This Skinny Bean Dip is so very delicious, addicting, and a crowd pleaser. 


Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup is full of vegetables, and ridiculous quick and easy to make. 


Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are some of my very favorite tacos ever.  I also love using this chicken for salads and nachos as well as tacos.  


These Bean Tacos are so very good.  Who doesn't love a good bean taco? 


Steak and Mango Salsa Tacos are a perfect light meal you can whip up on the grill. These lettuce tacos are some of my favorite. 


I think I have almost decided that I am making this Chicken and Quinoa Enchilada Bake today. I can throw it in the crock-pot, and I've been craving some quinoa healthy goodness as of late.



Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas are perfectly sweet and spicy, and enchiladas are always perfect for this fun Cinco de Mayo day.  It's a small enchilada casserole, so it is perfect for a small family.  Plus, who doesn't like the delicious flavor in chipotle? 


Chipotle Tamale Pie was a casserole recipe I came across in a diabetic cookbook.  I have loved its hearty goodness for years.  It's pretty much the best, and it has the best cornbread recipe on top.   


These Simple Sopapilla Bars are ridiculous easy to make and the absolute most requested recipe from my husband's co-workers. These buttery sugary cinnamon bars are a must for every menu. 


Now these are just a handful of some of my favorite recipes that would be perfect for this fun holiday, but if you are looking for some other (and there are plenty to choose from) just scroll through this list

Happy Cinco de Mayo, and happy delicious and healthy eating on this fun holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment