Chex Mix is addicting and delicious in all of it's varieties. We love this Parmesan Chex Mix and the Classic Chocolate Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies, and find both of them to be perfect for snacking on a road trip or at a party or game night.
However, I'm not against trying new things. Plus, I work with a group of young girls a couple times a month and I currently have a nut and egg allergy in the group. I wanted to have a treat at our last activity, so I came up with this Birthday Cake Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow) Chex Mix.
This Chex Mix is delicious and addicting and ridiculously simple to make, just like the others. Plus, there are sprinkles involved so kids would love to "help" you make this fun treat for a family fun night.
Birthday Cake Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow) Chex Mix
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Ziploc
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 6 cups
12 oz white chocolate
6 c. Rice Chex
3 Tbsp sprinkles
1 1/2 c. yellow cake mix
1/2 c. powder sugar
- In a microwaveable dish, or a double broiler, melt your white chocolate.
- While your chocolate is melting add your Rice Chex to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cereal and stir the Chex and white chocolate until everything is coated.
- Add the sprinkles to the bowl and stir to combine everything.
- Finally, add the cake mix and the sugar over the chocolate covered cereal and stir to coat everything.
- Enjoy! Good luck stopping and not eating the entire batch.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container on the counter.
Happy Birthday Cake Muddy Buddies/Puppy Chow Chex Mix eating!