This Parmesan Chex Mix is amazing, addicting, gluten free, and fast and easy to make in the microwave in 10 minutes.
We absolutely LOVE to eat this delicious snack mix when we go on road trips. Right around this time of year, when we lived where there were leaves rather than cactus, we loved to go on a drive to check out the Fall leaves in all their amazing color goodness. I loved making this Parmesan Chex Mix for our Fall Drive.
The first year or two we lived in Arizona we attempted a drive up in the mountains to see the leaves. However, those drives were not very successful. Something about 100 degree temps in September and October that don't cause the leaves to change. :(
Since we can't go on a drive to see the leaves and enjoy this Chex Mix I made this Parmesan Chex Mix for us to enjoy while watching the entertainment of some crazy Arizona monsoon rainstorms that rolled through.
However, just b/c we can't see the fall leaves doesn't mean you shouldn't make this Parmesan Chex Mix and go for a drive to see the leaves where you are at.
My good friend Jen hooked me up with this recipe back when I lived in Denver. Ever since my first taste, I was absolutely addicted to this Parmesan Chex Mix. It's pretty much the best and my favorite Chex Mix ever.
My friend's family has a cabin in the mountains and they would make this addicting Parmesan Chex Mix to enjoy while hanging out in the cabin reading or playing Scrabble. Every game night/board game weekend needs addicting and delicious treats everyone enjoys, and this mix fits the bill.
Thanks to my friend, I can now share this delicious Gluten Free recipe with you.
Parmesan Chex Mix
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from my friend Jen Leslie
Active Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 cups of Chex Mix.
6 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
6 c. Rice Chex
1/2 c. parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large glass bowl, that fits in your microwave, melt the butter. Be sure to use a glass bowl; colored plastic bowls can throw off the cooking of your Chex Mix. It may burn in a plastic colored bowl.
- Add the garlic powder and stir it into the melted butter.
- Add the Rice Chex to the bowl. Using a large spoon mix the butter and Chex cereal together well until the cereal is completely coated.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the bowl. For best results use the parmesan cheese that is in the green bottles aka the ones that are not freshly grated. That cheese is often a lot cheaper too, so bonus!
- Using a large spoon stir the cheese and cereal mix together until it is evenly and thoroughly distributed.
- Microwave the mix in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir the mix well.
- Microwave again on high for 1 minute. Again remove from the microwave and stir again.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat the 30 seconds microwave and stir step 3 more times.
- Finally, remove the bowl from microwave, stir, and let the Parmesan Chex Mix cool until you can not wait any longer to enjoy.
- Good luck not eating the entire mix in one sitting.
- Store Chex Mix in a Gallon Ziploc bag for easy travel or in an airtight container.