Summer time is a time for little cooking, time outside with family and friends, feeling healthy and active, and all around having fun.
This Summer Green Salad tastes like summer. It's fun and flavorful, you feel healthy and ready to go be active again, takes minutes to throw together aka dice everything up, and with the salad bar theme it can feed your army of friends and family.
It took me less than 5 minutes to whip up this amazing Buttermilk Parmesan Basil Dressing, we used the leftover Crock-Pot Barbecue Chicken, added a flavorful combination of deliciously healthy toppings and what resulted was an absolutely delicious Summer Green Salad. Perfect for the summer time or when you want to be reminded of such healthy tasty times.
Summer Green Salad w/ Grilled Corn and Barbecue Chicken
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
4 c. romaine lettuce, chopped (about 2 romaine hearts)
1 1/2 c Crock-Pot Barbecue Chicken
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 c. corn, grilled and cut from ear
1 c. bell pepper, diced
1/2 c. pineapple, diced
1 c. tomato, diced
1/4 c. green onion, diced
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- This salad is all about how you want to pile together. Start with the lettuce on bottom and then go to town with whatever you like most.
- You can heat your chicken in the microwave before putting it on the salad, but I prefer to eat it cold. It's amazing, trust me. Plus, it is even easier to throw it all together.
- Rinse and drain your black beans, add some seasonings (garlic powder and seasoning salt is my favorite combination), and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- We like to grill our corn, there is something amazing about fresh grilled corn. Remove the husks, clean/wash the corn, and throw some aluminum foil over the ear. Toss it on the grill for 5 minutes rotating it to evenly cook the corn. When you can touch the corn again cut the kernels off for salad topping goodness.
- Fresh pineapple is amazing, and if you want extra goodness grill it, but if you only have a can that works as well. Just make sure to drain it. The pineapple adds an amazing sweetness that balances out flavors and compliments the barbecue chicken.
- Let everyone make their own salads, top it with the delicious dressing, and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in separate containers in the refrigerator.
Happy healthy, flavorful, and amazing Summer Green Salad eating!