3.1415926535897... Happy Pi Day!
I am a total math nerd. I minored in math, and the Dewey Decimal System is so fun to me. I just love numbers and how clear cut math is.
I also love cookies, but it is Pi(e) Day. Therefore, I made a Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie. This pie is delicious, and according to my Father In-Law, it is amazing and not as rich as he expected.
This dessert recipe is a tasty ooey gooey treat. This pie is combining the best of everything. Chocolate + Peanut Butter; Cookie + Pie. Everyone wins!
I am also whipping up one of these Pizza Pi(e)s for dinner.
How are you celebrating Pi Day?
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Hershey's Cookbook
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 45 minutes + cool time
Servings: 8-10 people, 1 9-inch pie pan
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1 c. chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate)
1 c. peanut butter chips
Extra chocolate and peanut butter chips (about 1/4 c.)
Toppings (optional): sweetened whipped cream or ice cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan and flute the edges.
- In a stand mixer, or medium bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter on low until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing and scraping the edges between each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the sugar and mix until smooth. You may have to scrape the sides of the bowl to be sure everything is mixed well.
- Add the flour and mix on low until it is just combined.
- Add the chocolate and peanut butter chips and mix it all together until just combined.
- Pour the cookie dough into the prepared unbaked pie crust. Use a spatula to even out the dough and top it with about 1/4 cup of combined chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Use either a pie crust cover or aluminum foil pieces to cover the pie crust edges while baking to prevent burned crusts.
- Bake the pie at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pie and the crust is light brown in color.
- Remove pie from oven and cool for at least an hour.
- Serve pie cooled or for extra wow warm (heat for 10 seconds in the microwave), and top it with whipping cream or ice cream.
- Store leftovers covered on the counter or in the refrigerator.
Happy Pi Day and happy Delicious Cookie Pie eating!