We LOVE homemade pizza, and this Actually Thin Crust Pizza recipe is our very favorite. I've made a variety of pizzas using this crust recipe. We often do the classic cheese and pepperoni, and in the fall we make this Butternut Squash, Bacon, and Spinach Pizza at least a couple times a month.
However, this time I wanted to re-purpose some leftover Rosemary Chicken (well the recipe is for a turkey, but I just made it using a whole chicken), and I wanted to make a pizza. Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza using only 5 ingredients was created in less than 30 minutes, and let me tell you... It is sweet and delicious!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1, 12-14 inch pizza
1 Actually Thin Pizza Crust
1 c. cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1 c. barbecue/BBQ sauce (any variety/jar)
1/4 c. red onion, diced
1-2 c. cheese, shredded (I like a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees, and place parchment paper on top of a large cookie sheet.
- Make the pizza crust according to the recipe here. You can also use any pizza crust (the one in the tubes or any for that matter). Roll out the crust and prepare it on the pan.
- In a small bowl mix the leftover cooked chicken and the BBQ sauce together. You can use any jar BBQ sauce variety; however, don't do a sauce that is too sweet if you don't want an overly sweet pizza.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the pizza crust.
- Spread a little cheese on top of the chicken mixture, then spread the red onion over the pizza. Finish the pizza adding the rest of the cheese; you can add as much or as little cheese as you would like.
- Bake the pizza at 500 degrees for 5 minutes. Pull the pizza out, and then using a spatula remove the parchment paper from under the pizza and discard the paper.
- Rotate the pizza and bake for another 3-5 minutes until the crust is golden-brown and the cheese is toasty and melted.
- Remove the pizza the from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Happy BBQ Chicken Pizza eating! No need to head out to California Pizza Kitchen; you can enjoy this copycat recipe at home.