If you are looking for a healthy protein filled snack give some of these Crunchy Crispy Spiced Chickpeas a try. They are super quick and easy to make using canned garbanzo beans, and they are baked for ideal crunch while still being incredibly flavorful.
I love to snack on these spiced beans, but I also love to add them to my salad in replace of or as a healthy alternative to a crouton. These beans are gluten free and all around allergy free, and they make any salad a bit more delicious.
I personally think these Spiced Crispy Chickpeas are amazing warm straight from the oven, but they are delicious cold on a salad as well. Basically they are the perfect diet friendly food. Yum!
Spiced Crunchy Chickpeas
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from FoodiePhysician
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 45 minutes
2 cans (15oz) chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie/baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the rinsed and drained chickpeas/garbanzo beans on a kitchen towel and dry them. I removed any outer shells that had fallen off.
- Place the beans in a bowl, and add the olive oil and spices to the chickpeas/garbanzo beans. Stir to combine everything.
- Pour the spiced chickpeas onto the prepared baking sheet and distribute them into a flat even layer.
- Bake the chickpeas at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes until they are crispy and crunchy. I prefer them more crunchy so I baked them longer.
- I like the chickpeas warm and crunchy, but they are delicious cooled as well. Store cooled spiced crispy chickpeas in an airtight container on the counter.
- This healthy snack stores for at least 2 weeks.
Happy Healthy Snack and Salad Topping Eating!