Happy President's Day! I am pretty sure brownies are as American as Washington and Lincoln. I'm also pretty sure that boxed brownies were the way to go when it comes to ideal fudgy-ness with the flaky crust/topping. Which to be honest is the best kind of brownies. I'm definitely a fudgy over cake-like brownie connoisseur.
However, these Coconut Oil Brownies are better than boxed brownies. Plus, switch the flour to a gluten free all-purpose flour, Bob's Red Mill GF 1-to-1 Flour is my favorite, and they are the absolute best gluten free brownies I've ever had or made.
These brownies are fudgy, amazing, and they get the wonderful and necessary flaky crust on top. As a bonus, we're using coconut oil instead of butter or another oil and you can almost assume they are somewhat healthy. :)
Basically, these brownies are amazing! Please make them today!
Coconut Oil Brownies
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted FlavCity
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 1 9x9 pan
4 eggs, large
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 c. coconut oil, melted
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. flour or gluten free all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease a 9x9 inch pan with coconut oil. You can get coconut oil sprays or just brush on coconut oil.
- In a medium to large bowl or a stand mixer beat the eggs until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the sugars and mix until creamy.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla and mix until just combined. You can melt your coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds or so and then it is easy to pour.
- Add the dry ingredients in the order listed (cocoa powder, flour, and salt) and then stir until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake at 300 degrees for 40-45 minutes. The edges will pull slightly away from the sides. Don't cook them longer than 45 minutes unless you are more of a cake-like brownie lover.
- Cool or enjoy these rich chocolate brownies hot. However, they are harder to cut when hot.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container on the counter.
Happy Coconut Oil aka healthy fats Amazingly Delicious Brownie Eating!