Father's Day is coming up. I swear it sneaks up on me faster and faster each year, or maybe it's the more kids you have the quicker time goes. How do people with more than 3 kids do anything at all?
This Father's Day I decided a personalized finger painted picture by the kids would be the best gift. I didn't have a lot of time, and I'm running short on funds.
This $5 DIY Father's Day Gift is easy to make, takes only a few supplies, clean up is a snap, and the kids love finger painting. In only a few minutes and a few bucks you'll have a personalized handmade gift this year.
Here's the quick tutorial/how to:
What You Need:
- Blank Canvas Picture: You can get any canvas size. I found a 12x12 inch canvas at JoAnns, and I could use a coupon making it less than $5.
- Finger Paint: Any colored paint you want. I used some Crayola Finger Paint I had on hand b/c it is washable and ideal for a 4, 3, and 7 month old to paint with. However, you can use whatever paint you want.
- Painters Blue Tape: you won't need a lot of tape, but enough to make the design you want.
DIY Personalized Father's Day Painting How To:
- Take your blank canvas and use the blue tape to make your desired design. Put the blue tape where ever you want white to appear
- I did at times cut the blue tape in half or even fourths to get the desired width.
- Lay the canvas on a trash bag, and place some finger paint on paper plates.
- Let your kids start painting; be sure they cover the entire canvas. A lesson I learned while my kids painted is to have a lot of baby wipes on hand. Seven month olds like to put their hands everywhere.
- When done painting let the picture dry completely before removing blue tape.
That's all. This is a crafty/artsy gift even non crafty or artistic people can do. Trust me. You are now done with a perfect handmade Father's Day gift.
Holler with questions, otherwise...
Happy inexpensive DIY Father's Day Finger Painting Gift making and enjoying!
Happy Father's Day!