Grilling in the summer is pretty much the best, and for some only, way to cook. Actually, I'm pretty much a fan of grilling year round, and with the lack of cold weather here in Arizona we totally can.
Grilling vegetables and fruit is just as delicious and fun to me as grilling up chicken, burgers, fish, steak, or sausage. Plus, I feel a lot healthier having some grilled pineapple (YUMMY!) and grilled asparagus with my meal.
We were recently cooked up some chicken apple sausage and decided to throw some of our extra zucchini (b/c doesn't everyone have loads and loads of zucchini on hand during the summer) on the grill.
My husband was the brainiac who added the McCormick Smokehouse Maple seasoning to the zucchini that really gave it a wow factor. Seriously, it's delicious and so simple to make. I ended up grilling some more Smokehouse Maple Grilled Zucchini on the grill for lunch b/c I was craving it. .
For those of you tainted thinking every blogger gets paid to promote something, I can guarantee that in no way am I influenced by McCormick or compensated (though if they want to that'd be great, I'm looking to get a new rug or a flight to Crete ;) in any way.
Next time your grilling, which will probably be tonight or this weekend, cook up this zucchini. You will LOVE it!
Grilled Zucchini w/ Smokehouse Maple
Active Time: 5 minutes + 10 minutes of grilling
Inactive Time: 0
1 medium zucchini (any size will work)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Smokehouse Maple seasoning (more or less depending on your preference)
- Preheat your grill. Basically, turn it on and let it heat up.
- Pull out about a 12-14 inch piece of aluminum/tin foil and spray the center of it with cooking spray. This spraying isn't quite necessary, but I'm a little OCD sometimes when it comes to food sticking. If you are cooking several pieces of zucchini I would do one aluminum foil piece per zucchini your diced.
- Wash and cut your zucchini into approximately 1/4 inch slices. Then cut the slices into fourths.
- Place the zucchini into a bowl, add your olive oil and your seasoning. Stir to combine everything.
- Pour the seasoned zucchini into the center of the aluminum foil, and wrap it up so you can turn it over on the grill without losing any precious zucchini.
- Cook the zucchini on one side for 3-5 minutes; flip it over and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from the grill, pour it onto a serving dish, and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Happy and healthy grilled Smokehouse Maple zucchini eating!