Meatloaf is such a great dinner choice. You get a great amount of protein, and it is comfort food at its best. However, most meatloaf recipes take an hour or so to bake. Who has that much time during a busy weeknight?
Right now we have swim lessons every evening, and every evening quick filling meals are absolutely necessary. Cupcake Meatloaf aka Single Serving Meatloaf is quick, filling, and so very delicious.
I love the speed I can make it in and how simple it is to make it gluten free. My kids love the small serving that is just their size. My husband can't get enough of this meatloaf. It's delicious, and if you are cute fun mom, unlike me, you could place a dollop, or pipe, mashed potatoes on top to complete the "cupcake" look.
Recipe: Alohamora Open a Book
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: About 6-8, or 12 cupcake meatloaves
1 lb ground beef or ground bison
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 c. onion, diced
2 slices bread with crust, torn into small pieces (gluten free bread works great)
1/4 c. milk
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp dried sage
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and use 12 aluminum or parchment paper cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl using a fork break up the beef or bison into small pieces. Ground turkey works as well.
- Add the garlic, onion, and bread to the beef. Use your fork to combine.
- Add the milk, Worcestershire sauce, spices, and egg to the to the meat mixture. Mix well with a fork (or your hands if you like the hands on approach) until everything is mixed well and fully incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place 1 scoop of meat mixture into one of the liners in the prepared cupcake pan. Press the meat down into the pan and squeeze a dollop of barbecue sauce on each "cupcake."
- Place the single serving cupcake meatloaves into the oven and bake it uncovered for 30-40 minutes until beef in each cupcake meatloaf is no longer pink and it is completely cooked through.
- Let the loaf stand for a few minutes to cool before placing a cupcake meatloaf onto a plate. Remove the liner before serving, and drizzle more BBQ sauce if that is desired.