This Classic Meatloaf recipe is the meatloaf recipe to beat all meatloaf recipes.
If you love meatloaf you will drool over the depth of the flavors, it's simplicity, and how amazing this meatloaf is.
If you are not a fan of meatloaf, this meatloaf will convert you. I promise. I've had more than 10 people tell me they don't like meatloaf, but they love my meatloaf.
I feel bad really. There are too many people in the world that have had too many dry, flavorless, mushy, or somewhat other not so delicious result on the meatloaf.
Meatloaf is delicious, but I guess I should clarify and say this meatloaf recipe is absolutely delicious. It's the best classic meatloaf recipe ever. It's the perfect combination of flavors. It's an amazing meatloaf. This meatloaf is homestyle cooking done right.
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Betty Crocker's Cooking Basics
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 1+ hour
Servings: About 4
1 lb ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 c. onion, diced
2 slices bread with crust, torn into small pieces
1/4 c. milk
2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp dried sage
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl using a fork break up the beef into small pieces. I have used ground turkey here, and it tastes okay, but ground beef is the best. This last time I used grass fed beef and it tasted just as good as regular beef. Just FYI.
- Add the garlic, onion, and bread to the beef. Use your fork to combine.
- Add the milk, Worcestershire sauce, spices, and egg to the to the beef mixture. Mix well with a fork (or your hands if you like the hands on approach) until everything is mixed well and fully incorporated.
- In a small 8x4 loaf/bread pan place your beef mixture and gently press it down evenly.
- Spread your BBQ sauce evenly over the top with a spoon or the back of the fork.
- Place meatloaf into the oven and bake it uncovered for 55-65 minutes until beef in center of loaf is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Let the loaf stand for a few minutes to cool before cutting slice.