Yay for Cookie Week! Did you get the S'mores Cookie recipe? Oh it is oh so tasty.
Today I'm all about fun and tasty cookies!
Yay for sprinkles! Yay for cake batter! Yay for Cookie Week recipe #2! Yay for another delicious cookie recipe! Yay for Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies!
These fun cookies kids love, and all sugar cookie fans devour. The taste is amazing, the sprinkles are fun, and the cookies are quite easy to make.
Throw in some red and green sprinkles for Christmas, blue sprinkles for Hanukkah, a favorite color for a birthday, or team colors for a game and you've got a personalized treat. Really, the options are endless and always deliciously fun.
Enjoy a little more sprinkle love in your life with these yummy cookies!
Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen with a medium cookie scoop
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs, large
2 tsp vanilla
3 c. flour, unbleached
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tarter
1/3 c. sprinkles + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line two cookies sheets with Silpat, baking mat, or parchment paper. Those aren't necessary, but they do help make the perfect cookie!
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer beat the butter for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat it together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla to the mixture one at a time mixing between each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in the order listed and then mix the dough until it is just combined.
- Add 1/3 cup of sprinkles to the dough and mix until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop scoop dough balls onto the prepared pans. If you don't have a cookie scoop use a spoon and make approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Fill a 1/3 measuring cup or small ramekin with sprinkles. Dunk the top of your cookie dough ball into the small bowl of sprinkles and then place it right side up on the pan. The top should now have several sprinkles on it. You can also sprinkle sprinkles on top of each cookie dough ball. However, the dunking method worked better, and was a bit cleaner.
- Bake your cookies at 325 for 6-8 minutes; 7 minutes was my magic number. You want the cookies to just be set but not overcooked. These cookies are soft cookies; to keep them that way avoid overcooking them.
- Let your cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your sprinkle cookies hot, warm, or cool.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter.
Happy Cake Batter Funfetti Sugar Cookie eating!