It's officially the holidays, and that means it is officially cookie season. However, those that know me, or work with me or my husband, or follow me on Instagram know that I kind of have a thing for cookies. They are my favorite baked dessert; I have just a few cookie recipes. ;)
So, it may be silly to say that it is officially cookie season b/c of my slight cookie obsession, but most people bake a lot of cookies this time of year, there are cookie exchanges, and holiday books about cookies. However, it's still legit to state that it's cookie season.
In honor of my favorite dessert I'm declaring this week, Cookie Week. All week long I will only be giving you cookie recipes. Yay!
May you bake many cookies, enjoy many cookies, and have a wonderfully sweet filled week.
Today, you are getting a recipe for one of my favorite cookies, S'mores Cookies. I've worked on this recipe for over a year. It was tough figuring out how to keep the marshmallows from melting away and/or overtaking the cookie. However, my recipe tweaking was all worth it. This cookie is delicious!
I know several people that are anxiously awaiting this recipe. Enjoy it whether you've been waiting for it or just coming across it!
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted Bakerita
Active Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 3 1/2 - 4 dozen using a medium cookie scoop
1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour, unbleached
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips
1 c. mini Mallow Bits (about 1/2 of a 3 oz container)
2 (1.55 oz) chocolate bars or 1 king or xl bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat/baking mat.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla one at a time mixing between each addition.
- Add in the order listed the flour, graham cracker crumbs (about 6-8 crackers crushed in a blender), baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, mallow bits, and chopped up chocolate bar, and mix until just combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or a spoon to make 1 1/2 Tbsp of cookie dough and place them on the pan.
- Bake the cookies at 325 degrees for 6-8 minutes until the cookies are golden in color; 7 was my magic number.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for about 3-5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container on the counter.
Happy Cookie Week and S'mores Cookie eating!