Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Alice in Wonderland "Drink Me" The Best Lemon Water

Alice in Wonderland "Drink Me" Lemon Water is the absolute best drink for any party, shower, or book club.  This delicious Lemon Water is amazing, and even better when you use Sonic Ice (which is pretty much the best). We enjoyed this drink for book club to discuss "Splintered" a YA series by A.G. Howard.  Drink, easy, soda/pop free, flavorful. Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

I am 100% honest with you when I say this Lemon Water is the absolute best drink ever.  It is perfect for parties, bridal or baby showers, receptions, or even Alice in Wonderland/Splintered book clubs like mine.  Basically, this drink is good anytime.  So yummy! 

I made this "Drink Me" Lemon Water for our Splintered book club. The book may not have been my favorite (a review can be found here), but making all of the food for the book club fun was a blast.  

If you remember the Alice in Wonderland story you know that soon after Alice goes down into the rabbit hole there's a cookie/cake/biscuit that says "Eat Me" and a drink that says "Drink Me."        

For the book club fun I made... 

"Grow Me" Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
and 
"Shrink Me" Mushroom Shaped Sugar Cookies

I'll share the delicious "Eat Me" cookies with you on Friday, but today you get the most delicious drink that has no soda or pop in it.  I first had it years ago at a baby shower my friends threw me when I was prego with my son.  I am not a soda drinker, or even anything other than water drinker.  However, I couldn't get enough of this Lemon Water.  Yum!

It's even better that this drink is made in 5 minutes and it can be prepared ahead of time.   Plus, if you are wondering, I found the cute glass milk bottles, shown above, at JoAnns while using a coupon of course, and the cute straws I got a while ago at Target. 

"Drink Me" Lemon Water
Recipe: Alohamora and my friend Tasha P.
Active Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Time:  0 minutes
Servings: 1 gallon

Ingredients: 
1 gal water
2 cup sugar
Heaping 1/2 Tbsp citric acid powder
1/2 tsp lemon extract
Sonic ice


Directions: 


  1. You can make this lemon water right before your party or the night before.  
  2. Mix the top four ingredients in at least a gallon pitcher and stir everything together with a long spoon.  A word about the citric acid powder, I usually buy it in the bulk sections at Sprouts or Sunflower market for a great price. 
  3. If you are making your drink ahead of time place it in the fridge at this point.  
  4. If you are serving your drink add the ice to a punch bowl or small milk bottles first, and then add the lemon water on top.  Sonic ice is the best with this lemon water b/c of it's size; if you can get Sonic ice that is ideal.
  5. Store leftovers in a pitcher in the fridge.  
  6. Enjoy! 

Happy The Most Delicious "Drink Me" Lemon Water!


1 comment: