At this time of year, after I've ate far more of my share of candy, am baking up a storm, and all around just eating a bit more sugar and sweets than I should/need I try to eat as many vegetables as I can in an attempt to balance it all.
This Cauliflower Rice is a great way to sneak in more vegetables in kids and adults' diets. Plus, you can easily substituting a starch, like rice or potatoes, with a vegetable.
I've used this cauliflower rice alone, addition to a salad, in an easy burrito bowl, under crock-pot chicken, or an addition to a bowl of this banging pumpkin chili.
Basically, this cauliflower rice is awesome! It tastes delicious, easy to make, faster than regular rice, and you're adding veggies into your diet (which I'm sure we all could use).
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 15 minutes
1 tsp olive oil
2 lb bag cauliflower florets or 4-5 c. grated cauliflower
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder, rosemary, or spice that goes with the meal's flavors
- Using a grater or food processor dice your cauliflower into pieces. I have a slicer/shredder attachment for my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, and it works fantastic.
- In a medium to large bowl with the cauliflower rice add the lime juice and spices. Stir to combine everything.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet/pan over medium heat.
- Add the spiced cauliflower to the skillet, and occasionally stir and rotate the rice around the pan to cook it evenly. Cook the cauliflower rice for approximately 15-20 minutes until the "rice" is soft and cooked thoroughly.
- Enjoy rice alone, part of a salad, or as a substitution for rice in any meal.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Happy Healthy Sneaky Vegetable aka Cauliflower Rice eating!