This 30 Minute Pumpkin Chili came about in a happy surprise. I wanted to make chili with the bison I had defrosted, and was planning to make my quick and easy Skillet Chili. However, I was missing a few crucial ingredients, so I created this delicious Pumpkin Chili.
This Pumpkin Chili is creamy, delicious, and a hearty comfort food even the non-pumpkin fans will enjoy (and they may not even know pumpkin is an ingredient). This chili is simple to make and the perfect dinner Halloween night whether you are staying in or going to a party.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb ground beef, ground bison, or ground turkey
1/4 c. onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c. corn, frozen
1 bell pepper, diced
1 (15oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can tomatoes, diced
3/4 c. pumpkin puree
1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder* (this is mild flavoring, add more for more spice)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp ketchup
Optional Toppings: plain Greek yogurt/sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, diced green onions
*check for gluten free
- In a large pan brown the meat with the olive oil, garlic, and onion. I've used beef, bison, or ground turkey; all of them are delicious.
- When the onions are soft and the meat cooked thoroughly add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine everything and let the chili cook and simmer for at least 10 minutes on medium to low heat. You can let it simmer at this point for as long or little as you want.
- Top the pumpkin chili with cheese, Greek yogurt,or green onions right in the pan or wait to add to individual serving bowls. You can serve the chili with cornbread (this is the best recipe ever) or tortilla chips. This thick skillet Pumpkin Chili is a great dish for a weeknight meal, bring to a potluck party, or to enjoy any time you want a healthy hearty meal. It's just delicious!
- You can also brown the meat with the onions and garlic and then toss everything in the crock-pot and let it cook on low for as long as you want/need.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Happy speedy Pumpkin Chili making and delicious Pumpkin Chili eating,