Pumpkin. Oh how I love pumpkin treats especially in the month of September. I get super excited for Fall goodness and go a little overboard in September.
Every September I go a little crazy with my pumpkin creations. I've made Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Pumpkin Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies. They are all amazing!
However, in all of my pumpkin baking fun I've never really come across an amazing aka the best pumpkin cake recipe. At least, I never had until today when I found this Spiced Pumpkin Cake. It's simple to make and easy to make beautiful. It has the perfect pumpkin flavor and the absolute best cake consistency. Seriously, it is the best pumpkin cake!
Yay for Fall and pumpkin deliciousness!
Spiced Pumpkin Cake
Recipe: Alohamora adapted Real Simple Nov 2010
Active Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: 75 minutes
Servings: 10-12; 1 Bundt cake
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. honey
3 c. flour
5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
For the Glaze Icing
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar/confectioners' sugar
2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour, or spray with a baking spray, a Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer beat the butter and sugar together on medium for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing between each addition.
- Add the pumpkin puree, milk, and honey and mix on low until everything is combined. It will appear curdled and that's okay.
- Add in order on top of the batter the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix it on low until everything is combined. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Evenly pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake the cake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let the cake cool on the counter in the pan for 20-30 minutes, then invert the cake on a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk the powder sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze icing over the cake.
- Serve the cake warm or cool. It's amazing both ways. I guarantee!
- Enjoy this pumpkin cake with milk, or a beverage of choice!
- Store leftovers on the counter or in the fridge in an airtight container.
Happy Amazing Spiced Pumpkin Cake eating and enjoying!