We are big fans of soup here. My kiddos ask for soup at least once a week if not more even when it is 90 degrees out. My daughter even asked for soup for her birthday meal.
Lately, we have fallen in love with this Cheesy Cauliflower Soup. We love that this soup is creamy, but it isn't heavy. We love that this soup is healthy and full of delicious flavor. We love the bacon and the cheese in the soup, and we love the carrots and cauliflower in every bite. We love this soup!
This Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is a perfect quick and easy dinner no matter the weather. Enjoy and love this soup as much as we do!
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from ThePioneerWoman
Active Time: 35 minutes
Inactive Time: 15 minutes
1 tsp olive oil
3/4 c. onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 c. cauliflower cut in small florets, or 1 head
1 c. carrots, shredded or finely diced
1/4 tsp pepper
4 c. chicken broth
1 tsp parsley, dried or fresh
1 Tbsp corn starch
2-3 Tbsp cold water
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4-1/2 c. bacon bits
3/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Optional Toppings: Green onions, cheese, bacon, parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook it until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots to the pot and cook about 5 minutes until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- Add the pepper and the chicken broth to the pot and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or blender slightly puree the soup. I like the soup to have small bits of carrot and cauliflower, but you can puree it until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add the parsley to the soup and stir.
- In a small mug or bowl mix the corn starch and cold water together until it is slightly thickened.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the soup pot and cook it for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the milk to the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the bacon bit to the soup and simmer the soup for 7-10 minutes.
- Add the Greek yogurt and cheese to the soup and stir until it is melted and combined.
- Remove the soup from the heat and serve.
- Add whichever toppings you prefer. Green onions and cheese are my favorite.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Happy Cheesy Cauliflower Soup eating no matter the time of year or season.