Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sweet, Simple, and Speedy Peanut Butter Mousse {Gluten Free}

ousse I can make fast and in less than 5 minutes.  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/ gluten free, egg free

I'm pretty sure my family is officially addicted to these easy mousse recipes I've been making.  I initially thought my husband loved this Lemon Mousse, but when he offered to hold the not so happy baby while I take pictures of this Peanut Butter Mousse so he could then eat it is when I knew he truly loved this mousse the most. 

My son was all about the Chocolate Mousse, and he asked me over and over again for me to make it.  However, when he and my daughter were begging dad for more and more bites of PB Mousse I knew peanut butter mousse was the new mousse favorite. 

Basically, Peanut Butter Mousse is delicious!  It's quick and easy to make, sounds fancy, and tastes absolutely delicious. 

Peanut Butter Mousse
Recipe: Alohamora
Active Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 hours+
Servings: 2-3

Ingredients: 
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. peanut butter chips, melted
2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter, melted
Optional Toppings: Oreo Cookie crumbs

Directions: 
  1. To make the mousse pour the heavy whipping cream in a medium to large bowl or a stand mixer to "warm" up a bit.  Your mousse will be smoother if your cream isn't stark cold from the refrigerator. 
  2. In a small bowl melt your peanut butter chips in the microwave, or in a double boiler on the stove.  I like to melt the pb chips in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power, stir, and then 15 seconds at 50% power intervals if you need more.  Though the 30 seconds works well for me.  
  3. In a separate small bowl melt your peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Do not use natural peanut butter for your mousse.  It just doesn't taste right in my opinion.  
  4. Using your whisk attachment on a mixer whip your cream for 1 minute on medium to high until it is slightly thickened. 
  5. Add the melted pb chips and whip it all on medium to high for 2-4 minutes until soft peaks form. 
  6. Add the melted peanut butter and whip until it is just combined.  
  7. Spoon the mousse into two to four serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  You can make this mousse the night before or up to 3 days before you want to serve it. 
  8. Enjoy!
  9. Store leftovers in the fridge. 

Happy Sweet, Simple, and Speedy Peanut Butter Mousse eating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment