Happy April Fool's Day! I love playing tricks on people; I've had some pretty impressive pranks in my days. However, no major tricks this year, and no this super easy mousse is not an April Fool's Day Prank. It's real, and it's delicious!
Seriously, it's so very good and so very easy to make. There is no time in the oven or on the stove, and you only have 3 ingredients to work/deal with. Awesome, right?!
You should most definitely make this 3 Ingredient Super Easy and Delicious Chocolate Mousse.
Easy Chocolate Mousse (3 Ingredients)
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Williams Sonoma
Active Time:5 minutes
Inactive Time: At least 2 hours can be up to several days.
Servings: 2-3 servings.
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chip.
2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- To make the mousse pour the heavy whipping cream in a medium to large bowl or a stand mixer to "warm" up a bit. Your mousse will be smoother if your cream isn't stark cold from the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl melt your chocolate in the microwave, or in a double boiler on the stove.
- Let your melted chocolate cool off on the counter for 15-30 minutes. At the same time your whipping cream is still warming up a bit. This is fine
- Using your whisk attachment on a mixer whip your cream for 1 minute on medium to high until it is slightly thickened.
- Add the melted but cooled chocolate and whip it all on medium to high for 2-4 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Add the chocolate syrup and whip until it is just combined.
- Spoon the mousse into two to four serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. You can make this mousse the night before or up to 3 days before you want to serve it.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.