Mu husband loves cheesecake, and I love baking it. There's something fancy and elegant and special about a cheesecake. Plus, the possibilities are endless. There are a plethora of crust and mix-in options. I love it!
This Lemon Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake is light and creamy with the perfect amount of lemon. My 2 year old said it tasted like strawberry lemonade to him, my husband stated that it had the perfect lemon amount, and numerous other individuals said it was "Delicious!"
This classic light cheesecake has a lemon cookie crust with a strawberry jam swirl. It is yummy!
And I promise cheesecakes really aren't that difficult. If you are a cheesecake from scratch newbie you can totally do it!
Lemon Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Sarah A.
Active Time: 45 minutes
Inactive Time: 2-3 hours, but make it at least 8 hours ahead for best flavors
1 pkg (15.25 oz) lemon creme Oreos or Golden Oreos, crushed
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. butter, melted
4 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
2 c. sugar
6 eggs, large
2 tsp vanilla
1 carton (16oz) sour cream
1/3 c. strawberry jam, warmed
Optional Toppings: whipping cream, fresh strawberries, or warmed strawberry jam drizzled on top.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan. I like to place a cookie sheet on the bottom rack of the oven just in case my pan drips like some springform pans can.
- In a food processor crush a package of Lemon Creme Oreos to crumbs.
- In a small bowl mix the crushed Oreos, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Add the melted butter to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the crust ingredients into the bottom of your prepared pan and lightly press the mixture evenly across the pan using the back of a spoon or your clean hand. You can go up the sides of the pan if you'd like, or you can just press the cookie crust on the bottom.
- Place the crust and pan aside.
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese for 2-3 minutes on low.
- Add the sugar to the bowl and mix it well. Be sure to scrape the sides of your pan so everything is incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Finally, add the sour cream and mix on low until it is just combined. Do not over mix it at this point.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan.
- Warm one-third cup of jam in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. You just want the jam to be easier to pour.
- Pour or drop spoonfuls of jam onto the top of the cheesecake. Using a knife, lightly swirl the jam spoonfuls into a design of your choice. Don't swirl it too much.
- Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. When the timer beats do not open the oven. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for at least 1-2 hours, you can leave it longer. Leaving the oven closed will help prevent the cheesecake from cracking. When the oven and cheesecake is cooled place the cheesecake in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Enjoy the cheesecake plain or with toppings of your choice.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Happy Lemon Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake eating!