I know, Peanut Butter Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake with a Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache Topping, is a super long name. but there is a lot to describe in this absolutely delicious cake.
Seriously, I find this to be my favorite cheesecake at this moment. It has the chocolate peanut butter goodness, but it isn't overwhelming. It's just amazing, and you should make it this weekend.
I will be honest and say that this cheesecake takes a little time to make, but that is b/c there are a few steps to the process. It really isn't hard, it just takes time. You can even break the process up and bake the brownies the day before.
With all of that said, you very much need this recipe. Seriously, go make it, eat some, and then give some away. :)
Peanut Butter Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake w/ a
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Active Time: 45 minutes
Inactive Time: 2+ hours
Servings: 10-12 large slices
For the Brownies:
1 Fudge Brownie Box mix and ingredients on the box (oil, eggs, water)
1/4 c. peanut butter, creamy
For the Crust:
1 pkg Peanut Butter filled Oreos (you can use regular or double stuffed if you can't find PB), about 3 c. ground up
1/2 c. butter, melted
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
For the Cheesecake:
3 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
4 eggs, large
2 tsp vanilla
1 c, sugar
2 c. chilled brownie cubes (from recipe above)
For the Ganache:
1/2 c. Semisweet or Bittersweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. peanut butter, creamy
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp powdered sugar
1/4 c. peanut butter, melted
- Make the brownies in a 9x9 inch pan according to the directions here. Do not overbake the brownies, you want them to be cooked, but fudgy.
- After the brownies have cooled, place the pan in the fridge to chill.
- When brownies are chilled, cut them into about 1 inch cubes. Refrigerate the cubes until you are ready to fold them into the cheesecake. You need 2- 3 cups of brownie cubes for the cheesecake, but the extra cubes you can enjoy. I used the middle cubes in the cheesecake for extra fudgy goodness.
- Using a food processor grind the Oreo cookies to crumbs. You need about 3 cups of crumbs, which is almost the entire package.
- Stir together the crust ingredients and press it all onto the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. I like extra crust so I put all of it on the bottom of the pan, but you have plenty of crust to go up the sides an inch if you so desire.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- For the cheesecake, with an electric mixer or stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, for 3-5 minutes, on low until fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl and then beat again.
- Add the eggs one at a time, vanilla, and then the sugar. Scrape down the sides to make sure you are incorporating everything evenly. You want a smooth cheesecake filling.
- Using a spoon, gently fold 2 cups of the brownie cubes into the cheesecake filling.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan with the crust already pressed down.
- Using a knife evenly distribute the brownie chunks and add a few more if you need to.
- Bake the cheesecake at 325 for 40 minutes. When the time is up go ahead and turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in there for another 40 minutes to an 1 hour without opening up the oven door.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven, and let it cool while you prepare the ganache.
- For the ganache, place the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small bowl.
- In a microwaveable cup scald (heat until just about to boil) the heavy cream in the microwave for no more than a minute on high.
- Poor the scalded cream on top of the chocolate chips and peanut butter and stir the mixture until smooth.
- Add the vanilla to the mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Finally, stir in the powdered sugar until the ganache is smooth.
- Evenly spread the ganache over the cheesecake.
- Immediately place the cheesecake in the refrigerator and chill it until about 1/2 an hour before you are ready to serve.
- To serve, unmold the cheesecake from the springform pan and cut the cheesecake into slices. Drizzle the slices with melted peanut butter (microwave for 30 seconds) before serving.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Holler with questions/clarifications.