Let me just say, you absolutely need this easy to throw in the Crock-Pot/Slow-Cooker, healthy, flavorful, super tasty, and so incredibly flexible chicken recipe. You can make this Slow-Cooker Chicken for Tacos, Nachos, Salad, Dip and so much more.
I love it, and I am sure you will too!
Life gets busy
You know, Cinco de Mayo is coming up. If you are looking for an easy meal for the night... look no further. However, I'm sure once you have this chicken once you won't be able to wait for special occasions like Cinco de Mayo to enjoy it again.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tacos
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 4+ hours
2 chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
2 Tbsp taco seasoning (1/2 package)
1 c. salsa
3/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Place the chicken, frozen or thawed, into the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Put the taco seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Finally, pour the salsa over the top of it all. You can use fruit or veggie salsa; both kinds are delicious.
- Close the lid and cook it in the crock-pot on low for 4-6 hours. If the chicken is frozen lean more to 6 hours of cook time.
- When chicken is cooked, use two forks and shred the chicken right in the crock-pot.
- Stir the Greek yogurt and the black beans into the shredded chicken and let it cook in the crock-pot for another 10 minutes or so. It really is just to warm it all together.
- Enjoy your chicken!
- If you are making tacos serve it with warm tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, green onions, and shredded cheese. You could take out the warm tortillas from the previous list and make an awesome chicken taco salad. As a dip serve the chicken with tortilla chips. Really, the possibilities are endless... quesadillas, burritos, nachos, and more.
- Refrigerate leftover chicken.