My mother-in-law is one of the nicest people I know. I hope to be half the grandma she is. She is incredibly kind, thinks of others, never turns on the TV with my kids, goes outside and plays with them, and she always brings us snacks and treats. Seriously, my kids and I are so lucky to have her in our lives.
For years she has brought her famous Chex Mix (that recipe coming next week), but since I had to go gluten free I had to stop enjoying it's deliciousness. However, Gma being the amazing lady she is, started working on perfecting a Gluten Free Chex Mix.
This Gluten Free Chex Mix is amazing; my husband even claims it to be better than the original. #wow This GF snack mix is perfect for a family game night, a gathering with friends, a road trip snack, or whatever you need a fun snack for... maybe the Super Bowl!
Gluten Free Chex Mix
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Servings: about 10 cups
6 Tbsp butter
2 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 c. Honey Nut Cheerios*
1 1/2 c. Multi Grain Cheerios*
1 1/2 c. cashews
1 1/2 c. peanuts
1 1/2 c. Gluten Free Pretzels
1 1/2 c. Rice Chex
1 1/2 c. Corn Chex
*These items are gluten free, but if you're Celiac and your dietary needs don't do well with oat flour feel free to change these to a different gluten free cereal.
- Melt the butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave. Use a large glass bowl that fits in your microwave; a colored plastic bowl can change how the Chex Mix cooks.
- Add seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce to the butter and stir to combine everything.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir it all together to coat the mixture with the seasoned butter. Be sure to thoroughly combine this mixture so that the butter is mixed into the cereal and nuts.
- Place the bowl with the mixture into the microwave and cook it at full power for 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir it well.
- Cook another 2 minutes at full power and stir it well after.
- Cook the mixture 3 more times for 2 minutes at 70% power. Be sure to remove the bowl from the microwave and stir it well after each 2 minutes b/c this snack mix can burn easily.
- If you think the nuts still taste rubbery cook it for 1 minute intervals stirring after every time the Chex Mix cooks in the microwave.
- Store the Chex Mix in an airtight container on the counter.
Happy Gluten Free Super Delicious and Fun Snack Mix Eating!