Tomorrow it is my birthday! Yay for another year older. *sarcasm* Hopefully, this next year will have more ups and less surgeries. Hopefully this year will come with better health, and continued knowledge. Hoping this year is full of family, fun, and adventure. Hopefully this next year is the best yet!
I might as well start the birthday off with some yummy treats. Sure, cake is always involved, but these S'mores Cookie Bars are pretty darn delicious! You might as well enjoy them too.
S’mores Cookie Bars
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 9-12, 1 9x9 inch pan
1 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. brown sugar
3 Tbsp honey
1 ¼ c. flour, unbleached
1 1/3 c. graham flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ c. peanut butter
2 XL Hershey candy bars, chopped
Scant 2 c. mini marshmallows
- Grease and flour with a baking spray a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer, mix on low the butter, brown sugar, and honey for a few minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the graham flour, unbleached flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
- On a clean floured surface separate your graham cracker dough into two. You should have one slightly larger half and one slightly smaller half.
- Take the slightly larger half and use your clean hands to press it into the bottom of the prepared 9x9 inch pan. Cover that half with plastic wrap.
- Take the slightly smaller half and place it on a long (about 20 inches) piece of plastic wrap. Roll the smaller half into an almost 9x9 inch square. Wrap the square up and place it on top of the covered half in the pan.
- Place your pan in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove pan from the fridge, place the wrapped smaller half on the counter, and remove the plastic wrap top from the bottom larger half.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt your peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, and spread the melted peanut butter evenly over the graham cracker dough that is pressed down in the pan.
- Top the peanut butter with the chopped candy bars, spread the chocolate evenly and completely over the entire pan.
- Top the chocolate with the mini marshmallows, and evenly spread them over the top of the chocolate.
- Finally, top the cookie bars with the remaining dough in a cobbler like, scattered, and evenly distributed manner.
- Bake the s’more cookie bars at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes until the dough isn’t shiny and the bars are cooked with a light golden color.
- Allow your bars to cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
- Cookie bars are delicious warm or cooled.
- Store leftovers covered in an airtight container on the counter for 3-5 days.