Monday, August 21, 2017

Perfect gets 4.5 Stars {ya lit, series: flawed #2, dystopia}

Perfect by Cecelia Ahern is book 2 in the Flawed series.  This dystopia YA lit is a fun fast read and earns 4.5 stars in my book review.  Great book. dystopian, series, fast reads. high school, teen, young adult books like hunger games, divergent. Alohamora Open a Book alohamoraopenabook http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Perfect, definitely fitting book to share today. The day that this rare Total Eclipse is streaking across America.  This day when the moon and the sun perfectly line up.  Okay, maybe I like to stretch connections, but you have to agree it is sort of appropriate.    

"There's the person you think you should be, and there's the person you really are." 

I like to think I should be perfect.  I should have that tight and toned stomach.  I should never be sick (which I have been the past few days- ugh).  I should be eternally patient with my kids, and I should be able to successfully teach them to be grateful, independent, and persistent.  There's a lot that I feel I should have in order to be "perfect."  However, my stomach is still not toned and my baby is 2.5 years old.  I got a doozer of a cold this weekend.  I get frustrated and lose patience with my kids, and I'm still working on teaching them all those necessary lessons so they can be successful and good members of society.  I am definitely not perfect, but I do love my kids and husband.   My husband even joked with me saying I was reading my autobiography when he saw the title of this book.  We all joke about my perfection, but we can only joke about it b/c it is so far from being true.

The person I think I should be is far from who I really am, but I'm still chasing that perfect MeganRuth and that helps me strive for better daily.  

Perfect by Cecelia Ahern is the second book in the Flawed series.  Personally, I loved that Ahern reviewed some of the first books significant events in the beginning of Perfect.  She wrote it in a way where I wasn't lost for not having recently read the first book, but yet the second book was able to start as well.  

Perfect gets 4.5 out of 5 stars from me.  Overall, I thought the story and pace was well done.  I felt the story wasn't predictable and kept you wanting to read more.  I felt the character development was good.  Celestine was cautious at the beginning, but she truly started to become the strong person everyone already felt she was.  I thought her two sides of the coin speech to the Flawed was well done and portrayed her strength that had been developing throughout the book.  I truly enjoyed the story and read it quite quickly.  

I had  a few minor glitches which caused the rating to drop.  Most of these glitches should've been caught by a good editor.  At the beginning, when Celestine talks about her brandings she often brings up the 6th branding that no one knows about.  However, Celestine brings up this 6th branding a lot and it is always in an extremely dramatic fashion.  It's okay the first couple times, but after that it was a tad annoying.  The other two reasons for the dropped rating is the typo errors I found on pg 49 and pg 79.  The first error, the author writes the wrong name for Carrick's mom.  The second error was a simple typo.  However, both typos should've been caught by one of the editors.  

Overall, Perfect is a great read and a fast read.  It isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good.   


Happy Fun Dystopia Series reading! 

Perfect by Cecelia Ahern
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Best For: 14 and up, 9th grade and up.
Worth a Check Out: Yes.
Buy It or Not: If you own Flawed, then pick this one up too.
Read Aloud: I'd say no, especially b/c it is book two in a series.  However, it could work well to read with a high school child that hates reading.
Lesson Ideas: Morals, Courage, Power of Smells, Memory, Trust 



No comments:

Post a Comment