Friday, August 18, 2017

Grandma's Rice Krispie Treats {recipe, dessert, gluten free}

The Best Rice Krispie Treats come from Grandma's recipe.  This class, simple, and easy gluten free recipe is a must after school snack, or dessert.  This recipe is the best for the perfect marshmallow to rice krispies ratio.  Grandma cooks it in the microwave, but stovetop directions are included. gluten free, dessert, classic treat, kid friendly, delicious, yummy. Alohamora Open a Book alohamoraopenabook www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com

In this home Grandma's Rice Krispie Treats are known to be the very best rice krispie treats.  At several different bakeries I have purchased a rice krispie treat b/c they are an easy gluten free dessert that most bakeries have on hand. At these bakeries my kids would get cupcakes or cookies, but just like any mom I end up sharing my food.  

On more than one occasion I would hear, "Grandma's are better." after they took a bite from my purchased treat.  It's no lie.  I couldn't disagree.  Grandma's are better.  The ratio of marshmallow to rice krispies is perfect, and the touch of vanilla makes it so yum.  I honestly have never had a better rice krispie treat bar.   

Every Tuesday is Grandma Day at my house, and I am pretty sure it's my kids favorite day of the week.  Grandma comes over that day so I can go to work.  She usually makes pancakes for breakfast, and sometime during the day she makes rice krispie treats with them.  I have the best Mother in Law, and my kids have such an amazing relationship with her.  They are incredibly lucky.  I am incredibly lucky.   

I also can't complain about coming home from work and having the best rice krispie treats to enjoy while I try and figure out what to make for dinner.  

Grandma's Rice Krispie Treats
Recipe: Elaine
Active Time:  10 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 8x8 inch pan

Ingredients: 
1/4 c. butter
4 c. mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
5 c. Rice Krispies

Directions:

  1. Place the butter in a medium microwaveable dish. Cook it in the microwave for 1 minute. Grandma makes these treats in the microwave, but you can do this one the stove top as well.  If you are doing it on the stove add the items one at a time like the directions below, and cook over medium to low heat.  
  2. When the butter is melted add the marshmallows to the dish and microwave it at 50% power for about 3 minutes or until the marshmallows are melted.  If you are doing this on the stove remove the pan from the heat when the marshmallows are melted.  
  3. Stir the marshmallows and add the vanilla. Stir until mostly combined. 
  4. Finally, add the rice krispies and stir until everything is combined.  
  5. Pour or spoon the rice krispies mixture into an 8x8 inch pan. 
  6. Using wax paper or saran wrap sprayed with butter spray, gently press to evenly distribute the rice krispies. 
  7. Enjoy! 
  8. We store our 8x8 inch pan of rice krispies in a gallon ziploc bag to keep the treats fresh. 

Happy Classic and Simple Gluten Free Treats eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment