"Wow! What is that?" "That smells amazing!" are just a couple phrases I hear each and every time I reheat a bowl of these at work. The leftovers are amazing, but the fresh out of the oven is even better.
These Roasted Sweet Potatoes are oven baked, gluten free, healthy, and hands down the BEST way to cook sweet potatoes and veggies. Seriously, this recipe and the marinade for these veggies is delicious.
I, of course, wouldn't say no to any comment love after you taste how amazing these vegetables are. ;)
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Veggies
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Elavegan
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4-6 people, but you can add more vegetables to feed more
3-4 sweet potatoes, washed and chopped
1-2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 onion, chunked
2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce or Tamari sauce
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning*
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika powder
dash smoked paprika
*Check for Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or a baking mat. If you are using aluminum foil be sure to spray it with olive oil spray so the vegetables do not stick.
- Place all of your vegetables in a medium bowl. You can add as many vegetables as you want, and any variety of veggies. Many people will do russet potatoes, and those taste delicious, but I like to be a little bit healthier w sweet potatoes.
- In a mug or small bowl mix the remaining ingredients and seasonings together with a whisk or a fork.
- Pour the sauce marinade over the vegetables in the bowl. Use a large spoon to coat the vegetables in the yummy marinade.
- Pour the coated vegetables onto your prepared pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees, flip them/stir them and then bake for another 20-25 minutes until slightly crispy and smelling amazing. This second baking time is crucial.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Leftovers are delicious too! Enjoy!
Happy Healthy and Delicious Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Veggies eating!