We've been making this recipe for awhile, and we love using it on stirfry, sliders, eggs, and whatever else our heart can imagine. Teriyaki sauce is probably my husband's favorite sauce. Teriyaki is a versatile and oh so delicious sauce. Enjoy!
Active Time: 10 minutes
Servings: makes 1 1/2 c.
1/4 c. soy sauce or Tamari if gluten free
1 c. water
1/2 tsp ginger, ground
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp rice vinegar (can substitute white vinegar)
1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp cold water
- In a small or medium pan over medium to high heat simmer the top seven ingredients until thickened.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and cold water until it forms a paste.
- In a blender, or using an immersion blender combine the thickened sauce in the pan and the cornstarch paste until mixed well.
- Enjoy! Use the sauce as your desire.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Happy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce making and enjoying!