Del Real Foods has a recipe contest going on; when I saw the opportunity to get some of their tasty food for free I jumped on it. I mean, I love creating recipes, I have to cook for my family daily, and who doesn't love delicious black beans, refried beans, or Barbacoa aka brisket like meat?! Basically, I thought this would be delicious and a lot of fun to do.
Happy Friday y'all! I love Friday! Friday is all about fun, and I'm not sure there are very many other foods as fun as, or more fun than, Nachos! Growing up, whenever my dad would cook nachos, Friday nights was a frequent nacho night, he'd usually add barbecue/BBQ sauce to the top of it. I'm not sure his brother, my uncle taught him that, or where he got the idea, but I love the sweetness of the BBQ sauce on the melted cheese and salty chips, So delicious!
Those nachos my dad made were great, but these Loaded Barbacoa Nachos are just as quick to make, loaded with protein and good food, and they taste absolutely amazing!
Also, after May 9th, you can start to vote for these awesome nachos so that everyone knows how delicious they are. Just giving you a heads up in case you were feeling charitable and wanted to help me win.
Loaded Barbacoa Nachos
Active Time 10-15 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes or less
1 (16oz) Del Real Barbacoa Beef (tho any brisket meat will work)
2 c. four cheese Mexican blend (tho any cheese will work)
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 c. red onion, diced
1/4 c. green onions, diced
Ranch dressing or Salsa Verde Avocado Yogurt Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You can microwave the nachos, but I like the crispiness the oven gives. If you are microwaving the nachos be sure to place everything on a microwaveable plate.
- Cook the Barbacoa meat in the microwave according to the directions on the package. After cooking it shred the meat with a knife or 2 forks, and remove any excess fat that you desire. If you don't have Del Real's Barbacoa Beef you can use any brisket like meat, but Del Real's Barbacoa is delicious and so simple. Plus, the previous link has a "store locator" to help you find where you can buy it near you. I found Costco as well as Safeway/Albertsons sells Del Real in AZ.
- On a large cookie sheet layer tortilla chips over the entire pan.
- Cover the chips with 1/2 to 2/3 of your cheese. I like the 4 cheese Mexican blend, but any mixture will work. However, something with Monterey Jack and cheddar would be ideal for the best flavor.
- Using a spoon evenly layer across the entire pan of chips the pinto beans, red onion and shredded Barbacoa.
- Use the remaining cheese on the top of the loaded nachos.
- Next, lightly to moderately drizzle BBQ sauce over the entire pan of nachos.
- Bake the nachos at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes until warmed and the cheese is melted. If you microwave the nachos be sure to use a microwaveable safe plate. Cook the nachos on high for 1-2 minutes depending on how big your plate is and how loaded your nachos are. You may have to do a couple plates of nachos to use all of the ingredients. A special note: You don't want to overcook nachos so I would start with 1 minute and work up in 15 second increments until the cheese is completely melted.
- After you remove your nachos from the oven or the microwave you can then layer the green onions all over the pan.
- Finally, lightly drizzle ranch dressing or this healthy Salsa Verde Avocado Yogurt dressing over the nachos. I love both dressings so use whatever you have on hand. However, this low calorie dressing is delicious and nice to know since it's more diet friendly.
- Enjoy your nachos. Nachos by the pool is always a great idea. These make great appetizers or a meal for a kids or adult party. Everyone will love the flavors, and you will love how fast it is to make.
- Store any leftover nachos in the refrigerator.
Happy Easy and Quick to make Loaded Barbacoa Nachos eating!