Ever since my friend Sandra requested chocolate salted caramel cookies a year ago I've been working on an absolutely amazing Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Soft Cookie recipe. I didn't want to post the recipe until I was sure it would be delicious
It's always rough having to taste test tons of Double Chocolate Salted Caramel, ;) but it is completely worth it for an amazing cookie recipe.
I hope you enjoy these banging cookies as much as we do, especially my 4 year old who can't get enough. .
Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Super Soft Cookies
Active Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2.5 dozen using medium scoop
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 c. cake flour
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp course salt
1 pkg. (11.5 oz) dark chocolate/milk chocolate chips
3/4 c. caramel bits
Topping: Course sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with baking mats or parchment paper if you have them.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs one at a time. The batter/dough may seem a bit watery.
- In the order listed add the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder to the cookie dough until it is just combined.
- Using a spoon to stir or the low setting on your stand mixer add the chocolate chips and the caramel bits to mix until it is just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough out on the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle a dash of course sea salt to the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 325 for 6-7 minutes or until the cookies are no longer shiny. It doesn't need to be all of the way done, but mostly.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes or so before removing them to a cooling rack.
Happy Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Super Soft Cookies eating!