Pumpkin Pie and Rice Pudding are both classic dessert recipes. Combine the two and an absolutely delicious classic recipe with a twist is born.
This Pumpkin Pie Rice Pudding is a tasty Fall treat and the perfect dessert for those that don't like the texture of pumpkin pie. This rice pudding tastes just like pumpkin pie, but it is gluten free and way easier to make.
Pumpkin Pie Rice Pudding
Recipe: Alohamora inspired by ??? I totally forgot
Active Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 3 cups, approximately 4-6 people
1 1/2 c. rice, uncooked
1 c. canned pumpkin puree
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 c. water
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Optional Toppings: graham cracker crumbs, whipped cream, Cool Whip, pumpkin pie spice, and/or chopped pecans.
- Wash your rice. You can use whatever rice you want. Even minute rice will work, but the cooking time will be far less.
- In a medium pot/pan combine the rice, pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, water, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Over low to medium heat cook the rice mixture for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is soft and cooked. Be sure to stir the rice pudding frequently; if you forget to stir you will have some burned rice on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the pot/pan from the heat, stir the vanilla into the mixture, and let the rice pudding cool off for 5-10 minutes.
- Dish the pudding into serving dishes and add the toppings of your choice to each bowl.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Happy delicious Pumpkin Pie Rice Pudding eating and enjoying, and happy fall deliciousness!