Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fruit and Nut Salad {Healthy} {Gluten Free}

Fruit and Nut Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette is refreshing delicious full of proteins and all healthy foods.  This is clean eating at its finest.  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/ salad, easy, diet friendly, blueberries, sunflower seeds, feta, bell peppers, spinach, romaine, and more

Weird tidbit about me, I hate meat on salads.  It seriously makes me gag.   Well, I can handle bacon, but meat like chicken or salmon or anything else is really gross to me.  My sister laughs at me and thinks I am weird, and my husband just goes with it b/c he is used to it by now.  

The other day my husband and I were out to eat on a date night.  Date nights where you don't have to put the kids to bed are the best!  At dinner I had the most amazing salad.  When I got home, okay the next day really, I tweaked it and made this banging Fruit and Nut Salad.  It's gluten free, but most importantly meat free.  However, it's still super healthy and full of protein.  

Top this salad with yesterday's Lemon Vinaigrette and you will have one refreshing, hearty, healthy, diet friendly salad to enjoy for a meal, as a side dish, or just when you are needing a little protein and nutrients in your body.  This is clean eating at its finest!


Fruit and Nut Salad
Recipe: Alohamora 
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 1 large salad bowl

Ingredients: 
2-3 c. baby spinach
1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
1-2 c. blueberries
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 c. feta cheese
1/2 c. sunflower seeds (Trader Joes has unsalted shelled sunflower seeds for cheap)

Toss with Lemon Vinaigrette

Directions: 

  1. Combine all of the ingredients and toss it.  Feel free to change and tailor the amounts of each ingredient to fit your needs and desires.   
  2. Either toss the vinaigrette dressing before serving, or leave it on the side. 
  3. Enjoy! 
  4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator if you are a fan of leftover salad.  I know some can do leftover salad, and some can't.  What boat are you in?  
Happy Healthy Fruit and Nut Salad eating! 




No comments:

Post a Comment