Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Nutritious Sunset Blend Juice {Healthy} {Gluten, Egg, Nut, Dairy Free}

Sunset Blend Juice for those that are into juicing.  This healthy, nutritious, diet friendly and delicious juice is full of beets, carrots, apples, oranges, and sweet potato.  It's the one of the best juice concoctions out there.  Yum! Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/ gluten free, egg free, nut free, dairy free

Happy Earth Week!  In honor of this week where we appreciate all of the good things the earth has given/provided us I will be posting two yummy recipes that come completely from the earth.

Lately, my husband and I have been into juicing.  We've owned a juicer for years, but we've always only made orange juice (which is amazing and I'm pretty sure the reason some would visit us).  However, we recently decided we strive to get some more vegetables into our diet by juicing them.

I will say, that since we have been juicing both of us have felt better.  My husband has said he is less "snacky" at work, and I feel full just from drinking the juice.  I also love that it is ridiculously healthy, raw, and I'm assuming helping me lose some of this baby weight.  

We both are starting to really love juicing.  I've actually been super surprised that buying all of this fresh produce hasn't even been expensive.  I bought enough produce for 4 different juices all for less than $12, and I even bought organic for the most part.  It was awesome!

This Sunset Blend Juice was one of the very first juices we made, and it is still one of our very favorites.  I love that it has beets in it (which is great for digestive health and no way would I eat otherwise), and I love that we can make this juice ahead of time when convenient, let it sit in the fridge, and enjoy it when we please. 

I love the convenience, taste, and even the color of this juice.  It's all around a winner. 

For a really great juicing recipe, give this delicious one a go. 

Sunset Blend Juice
Recipe: Alohamora from JuiceRecipes      
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
Servings: about 4 cups

Ingredients: 
2 golden delicious apples
1 beet root, not the leaf stem
1 carrot, large
1 orange, peeled
1 sweet potato

Directions: 

  1. Wash the produce and cut the apples, orange, and sweet potato in half so it can easily fit in your juicer. 
  2. Toss each ingredient in your juicer one at a time juicing between each addition .  We like to do it in the order listed, but it doesn't matter. 
  3. When finished stir the juice to incorporate all of the layers and flavors. 
  4. Evenly pour the juice between two pint size jars, or a container of your choice for storing.  We love the grab and go aspect the jars provide us, and you can easily shake the jars to combine the flavors. 
  5. Store juice in the refrigerator until you are ready to drink. 
  6. Enjoy!

Happy Healthy Juicing!  

Juicing is healthy, delicious, and not scary or intimidating or weird at all.  Seriously, give it a go, and of course please share any juicing recipes you love. 
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment