These Quick and Healthy Bean Tacos are the best. They are perfect for a weeknight meal, and it can be made in less than 30 minutes. Winner!
These tacos are full of healthy good ingredients aka clean eating, and they are delicious! Another winner!
We, including my husband, who is a definite meat eater, and my kids, love this meatless vegetarian dinner. You can dip chips, use this bean filling in a salad, or make tacos with it (our favorite way to eat it). It's versatility is another bonus.
I LOVE healthy eating, and I love quick and easy meals to make!
This one is a winner!
Quick and Healthy Bean Tacos
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Annie's Eats
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 chipotle pepper minced in adobo sauce
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained1/3 c. water
6 Tbsp salsa
Optional ingredients for Serving:
6-10 corn tortillas, warmed.
Romaine lettuce, chopped
Green onions, diced
Low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Heat your olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. You can use a healthy serving of olive oil cooking spray instead.
- Add the garlic chili powder, chipotle, cumin, salt, and cayenne to the pan and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and water to the pan, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer the bean mixture for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and pour the bean mixture into a small to medium bowl.
- Add the salsa to the bean mixture in the bowl and mash the mixture using a potato masher. You can use a fork or spoon to mash it but that is more difficult in my opinion. You can also use an immersion blender, but be careful not to blend the bean mixture too much.
- For serving, spoon a 1/4 cup or so of bean mixture to the center of each corn tortilla and top with whichever toppings you desire. You can dip chips into this, or enjoy this with a salad.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator/fridge.
Happy Quick and Healthy Bean Tacos or salad or dip eating!